Sunday, 11 September 2016

Layout #12: Sieste

I chose the theme "Holiday" for the August scrapbook challenge on the docrafts Craft Talk site, and this is my layout for it. It features my family having an afternoon nap while on holiday in France.



I based the layout on this page that I found on Pinterest.

What I used:
Paper & Card: Papermania Capsule Collection 12x12 "Lincoln Linen", Papermania Capsule Collection Blueberry Pie A4, Papermania smooth card 12x12, Papermill A4 plain paper
Tools: See D's alphabet stamps "Ancient", Whispers brush markers
Embellishments: DCWV Far East Chipboard sticker stack

Crafting notes:
  • I took my inspiration for colours and patterns from the duvet cover, so it would look like the whole page was in bed :-)
  • "Sieste" is French for afternoon nap.
  • The journalling is matted with offcuts from my Proto Plumber page.
  • Rather than journal just for the day the photos were taken, I summarised the holiday to that point to explain why everyone was so tired :-)
  • I spent the best part of a whole evening making no progress with the background of this project in artificial light. It took a whole 5 minutes the next morning to get a set of papers I liked once I had proper light. My house lights are allegedly daylight coloured, but maybe I need a dedicated daylight lamp! Or maybe I just need to stop trying to craft while binge watching old episodes of the XFiles :-)

5 comments:

  1. Love special family moments like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow super scrapbook page amanda ... love the design and the memories it will bring ... hope you have a great week ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)