Tuesday, 23 August 2016

Layout #11: Keeping Cool in the Pool

I haven't used a specific sketch for this layout, but I was inspired by a few sketches and layouts that I found on Pinterest.



What I used:
Paper & Card: Sandylion CK OK 12x12 "Blue Floral Paper", Papermania Colossal 12x12 paper pack (original), Papermania 12x12 green and yellow plain cardstock
Embellishments: Papermania Creative Papercraft Kit "Summertime", Magazine freebie die cuts "Summer", Doodlebug Simply Sweet mini alphabet rub-ons "blue jean", yellow mini brads, Papermania Paper Shapes "Pastel"
Tools & Colour: XCut Impress (original) standard and italic alphabet die sets, XCut pokey tool, Orange and blue Whispers brush markers

Crafting Notes:
  • I had intended to put the sun embellishment where the 'splish splash' embellishment is, but Bob said the sun should be high up to be like real life, so I moved it :-)
  • I considered using blue swirly paper for the centre, because it's like water, but I thought that was a bit too literal an interpretation of the subject. I used the yellow swirly paper instead because it suggested both water and heat haze, and because it was a great match for the pool.
  • I didn't want lots of journalling because the photos and the title tell the story, so I just added a couple of bullet points at the edge to remind us of the things that weren't obvious.
  • For the journal bullets in the bottom right, I used the chipboard sheet from which I popped the "Summer" banner as a template.
Challenges:

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely summer page Amanda. Such sunny colours which is perfect for our Hot summer days challenge over at Country View. Thanks for joining in with the fun x
    Jane DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout and bright colours. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love your sunny page Amanda ... Well done ... Thank you for hopping over to my blog ... Have a great weekend ... Happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love your sunny page Amanda ... Well done ... Thank you for hopping over to my blog ... Have a great weekend ... Happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun scrapbook page, the colours are so vibrant, work well with the theme of the photos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and bright. These pages are going to make one fantastic scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page ....love the sunny and bright colours and the great photos...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great page ....love the sunny and bright colours and the great photos...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous scrapbook page, really does show of the photo's really well. And I love your crafting notes section, think I will borrow that idea x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great LO - love the bright colours. Shabneez xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. a gorgeous layout - great photos - Gorgeous colours! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges and good luck! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)