Wednesday, 20 July 2016

Layout #7: May Challenge "Partner"

The challenge I set for May this year was "Partner" and I had a few candidate subjects - Bob and his best friend, our two dogs together, and of course my husband, but in the end I chose a couple of pictures of our dog Molly with her first best friend and running partner. I found a sketch I liked on Pinterest to work to, by SketchSavvy:
SketchSavvy Sketch 126
And here's what I made:



What I used:
Papers: DCWV 8x8 Scrapbooking kit in a stack "Dogs", Papermania kit "Dogs", Papermania smooth cream 12x12 card
Embellishments: DCWV 8x8 Scrapbooking kit in a stack "Dogs" cardstock letters, Papermania kit "Dogs" adhesive letters, American Traditional Designs Sticker Gems "Dog Gems", Papermania Capsule Collection "Spots & Stripes Festive Brights" mini notelets
Tools: See Ds "Cute & Cuddly" stamp set
Colours: Whispers dye ink "Sepia", Whispers brush marker brown

Crafting notes:
  • This layout has a lot of layers in places. To keep upper layers flat, I added layers of card underneath.
  • I misplaced the journalling as I was sticking it down and the lower card tore a little when moving it. Running over the tape with glue stick would have made moving it easier. I hid the tear with a couple of extra paw prints.
  • My original plan for the background was to use coloured arrows, but these looked too bright so I switched to paw prints.
  • The paw print paper is not one whole piece, because I didn't have a large enough piece left, so it's actually in two small sections.
  • The dog writing paper is also in two sections so that I could choose the most relevant words to be visible in the two pieces that can be seen.

5 comments:

  1. What a great layout for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the layout and of course great photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh thank you for sharing! I just love those happy photos and the papers you used with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page, it's great to see what you made with the sketch x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)