Saturday, 2 July 2016

Layout #6: June challenge "Red"

For June's challenge on Craft Talk I chose the theme "red". I had a few photos I fancied for the page, but for all of them I knew I wanted a single photo page with a lot of white space so that the red subject stood out well. I made my final selection and started choosing papers on the eve of the 100th anniversary of the Battle of the Somme - it wasn't a conscious decision to do that, it just worked out very appropriate :-)



What I used:
Papers: Papermania "Portobello Road" 12x12, DCWV "The Paper Stack" 12x12
Embellishments: Forever Friends "Cosy Christmas" alphabet cardstock stickers, Papermania enamelled brads, Royal British Legion poppy, Papermania "All Aboard" Page Tabs
Tools & Colours: Marvy le Plume brush marker "cherry", Whispers light blue brush marker

Crafting Notes
  • When I was almost finished I decided I'd like a thin dark red outline around the page. Rather than fiddle around trying to centre the page on another sheet of card, I drew an outline with a brush marker and ruler.
  • The poppy on the page is a real Royal Legion poppy, but I can't guarantee it's the one Bob wore on the day!

3 comments:

  1. The papers work so well with the cute photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page, love the design it sets off the image beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous page, love the idea x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)