Saturday, 2 July 2016

Layout #5 Bob's Hat

I've been having a major clear-out in my craft room recently, trying to be realistic about the number of cards I'm likely to make in the future, so I haven't had much time for crafting. I *should* only work on layouts for the challenges I've set I suppose, being late for most of them, but with so little time left after sorting, that makes it all a bit of a job. So, I've rebelled a little and made a page just for fun. It focuses on my little boy's first ever Easter party and it's quite an interesting page, to me at least, because it says a lot about what scrapping means to me. I'm sure I could have made a prettier page from these photos, but I'm at my happiest scrapping when everything on the page means something. I love it when I can include something from the event being scrapped, and even better when it can be something my little boy made. With this page, not only have been able to include something of Bob's, but he's been able to help with the page too.

The structure of the page is dominated by a party hat we made together ready for a tots Easter party. At the time, Bob had fun finger painting and scissoring (with me holding the paper and steering) and he stamped his name on the back strap with foam stamps (again, with help). He then had even more fun splodging his painty fingers over some more of the paper. I used all of the hat in different places on the page, and had Bob extend the stamping on the back strap to create the title too.




What I used:
Papers: Papermania Colossal packs "Springtime" 8x8 and border strips, Plain pink and orange card
Embellishments: Doodlebug Simply Sweet rub on mini alphabet "lily white", Papermania Honey & Hugs alphabet transfers
Tools & Colour: Whispers brush markers, Whispers permanent pens, Whispers black dye ink, Craft Planet foam alphabet stamps, Papermania italic foam alphabet stamps, Studio g mini alphabet stamps, Forever Friends clear date stamps, Early Learning Centre finger paints

Crafting Notes:

  • Bob didn't like wearing the hat at the party, but he did play with it quite a bit afterwards, so it ended up quite battered. Before I used it I painted thick card with PVA glue and stuck the hat to it to get a smoother finish.
  • I used a different font for the word "Hat" as there wasn't much space and the result of the two words being too close together was a bit unfortunate!
  • I used ink, rather than paint on the alphabet stamps both for the original hat and for the title extension because it's easier for children to do neatly.
  • I didn't have any pink rub-ons for the lettering on the photos, so I used white letters and coloured them with a permanent marker.



7 comments:

  1. A great LO Amanda. Scrapbooks work so well as memory books and therefore it's good to use what means the most to you. Shabneez xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww so cute! Lovely way to preserve happy memories :) Have a nice week :) Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWW so sweet, what lovely memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great page and looks like so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww this is so sweet and like you I'm having a major craft sort out....it seems never ending.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun scrap book page and I love the added painting by Bob x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)