Friday, 29 April 2016

Layout #4: March challenge "Home" and some tinkering

The topic I set for my March scrapbook challenge was "Home" and I've taken a rather loose interpretation of it here, as I'm using photos of my son gardening at home.

The layout of the page was inspired by this layout that I found on Pinterest. I had intended to have flowers go across the page, like in the inspiration piece, but my natural minimalism took over and I simplified the page :-) Minimalism aside, I think this made the page more balanced, particularly as I wanted to include journalling. Here's what I made:



What I used:
Papers: Papermania "Secret Garden" 12x12, K&Co "Dorset Blocks flat" 12x12, Dark green textured card
Embellishments: Various paper flowers, Anita's Dimensions "Floral Gems", Papermania chipboard elements "Secret Garden", rub-on from scrapbooking kit, die cut watering can and water drop.
Tools and colour: Mini alphabet dies (bought from a friend), Promarkers

Crafting notes:

  • The watering can and water were my little boy's idea :-)
  • I bought the watering can as a die cut that had been cut from glossy green card that didn't match my layout and was pointing the wrong way, so I turned it over, coloured it, re-embossed the details and decorated it.
  • The die cut numbers for the date are really thin. To apply glue to them I put PVA on my hand and then dabbed them onto the glue using tweezers.
And finally, an update on my last project - the one that took me 6 months. Despite all that time spent thinking about it, I still wasn't happy with the journalling. It looked too stark and blank. So I fiddled with it today - I put a dark red outline around it and I'm a lot happier. Now you know why it all takes me so long...



7 comments:

  1. Great pages, love the layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the garden layout, if you'd not said about the watering can I'd never have known. The red line around the words does make a difference :) Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. its nice to hear how they layouts come together and what embellishments you use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda this is a stunning layout and a lovely page. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amanda this is a stunning layout and a lovely page. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous scrapbook pages, love the layouts and the story behind them x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)