Sunday, 24 April 2016

Layout #2: Splash!

I've set a monthly scrapbooking challenge on the do crafts Craft Talk scrapbooking forum and, as I've only managed to complete the one for January so far, I should really be working on those. However, I've been wallowing in so much stuff to do and such a deep doldrum of crafter's block that I was grateful to be able to make progress on any project. If I was being cheeky, I could claim that this layout works for February's "Favourite" theme, as the photos feature my son doing one of his favourite things, but I have something else in mind for that theme :-)

I haven't done any journalling for this layout, other than date and place, as the photos don't really need any explanation.



What I used
Paper: DCWV Photo Stack, DCWV The Stack 5, blue linen card
Tools: XCut nesting circle dies, Papermania circle punches, grey Sharpie pen

Crafting notes




  • The letters of "Splash!" are cut freehand from water photo paper. I cut some of the circles from this paper and the others from the cropped parts of the photos.
  • I didn't use a sketch for this layout, but it was inspired by a layout in "How to Scrapbook" by Joy Aitman & Sarah McKenna.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely layout. It's nice with minimal wording.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a gorgeous page, I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout and love the design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi this is a stunning page. Have a great week. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Can't believe how big Bob is getting!
    Great page.
    On the hop over from the cafe x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous scrap page, love the layout x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely page, love the lettering :) Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great page and layout....like how you used the same photo three times.....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great idea, it doesn't need anything else x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Amanda, I hope you're well!
    Finally limping around the Crafting Cafe blog hop! So sorry for my tardy timekeeping but I've not been feeling too great!
    I've had a little snoop around at what you've been up to!
    Love the layouts & the things you've been up to with Bob!!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)