Thursday, 10 March 2016

I'm back! Layout #1 January challenge - Brr!

I never manage to do much of my own crafting in December or January. December is full of Christmas prep and January whooshes past in a jumble of tax returns, lurgy, and attempts to fulfil good intentions to reorganise and clear out. This year though, February slipped through my fingers too and I got out the habit of doing any crafting. Ah well, I've managed to pull myself together now, and I've made a start on the challenges I've set over on the Craft Talk forum on the do crafts website. This year I've chosen single words for the themes, and have tried to make them pretty general, so people have lots of freedom about how they interpret them.

January's theme was "Brr!" and I've scrapped some photos from one of only a couple of snow days last year. For the layout I've scraplifted something I found on Pinterest, here. Here's my page:





What I used:
Papers: DCWV Christmas Stack, Papermania dark red and navy plain card, lightly glittered white card
Embellishments: Anita's snowflake border outline stickers, Papermania Elements "snowflake shimmer", "silver trees", Dovecraft adhesive gemstones (on a strip), paper alphabet stickers (scrapbooking kit).
Tools: XCut nesting circle dies, QuicKutz nesting circle frame dies, Ranger distress ink "chipped sapphire"

Crafting notes:
  • I liked the way the small pieces of paper at the bottom looked like icicles, and I chose the wordy backing paper for the same reason.
  • One of the 'icicles' near the snow angel photo points to the words "snow angels" on the backing paper :-)

5 comments:

  1. Great page, love the layout and winter scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is a gorgeous layout. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. the layout sets off the photos a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda....Brilliant page....great design and photos.....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layout and your scrap page is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)