Monday, 23 November 2015

Layout 16: Then and Now challenge

The theme for my November challenge over on Craft Talk was "Then and now" and I found a great sketch for it on Grand Diva's blog. Here's my layout and the sketch:







What I used:
Papers: Daisy & Dandelion "A Winter's Tale" A4 papers, Serif Craft Artist snowflakes A4 paper from 2011 Crafts Beautiful collection, Core'dinations 12x12 "Black Iris"
Embellishments: Crate Paper "Random Collection"Alpha labels, Mark Enterprises white snowflake border peel-offs, Papermania chipboard die cuts "Accents" and "Tags and Frames"
Tools: QuicKutz nesting oval dies, Papermania 5x7 Clear Stamps "Alphabet (script)"
Colours: White acrylic paint, blue Sharpies pen, Ancient Page die ink "bordeaux", white gel pen, Whispers brush marker (blue), Whispers dye ink "royal blue", Adirondack alcohol ink "denim"

Crafting notes:
  • I spattered the black iris card with white acrylic paint to give a subtle snowy effect.
  • I cropped the images so that the centre of the eyes in both photos could be aligned with the top edge of the vintage snowflake paper behind.
  • I didn't have chipboard shapes the colours I wanted, so I coloured them with inks.

4 comments:

  1. Adorable layout and wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun and vivid interpretation of the sketch - looks great!
    Shabneez xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout, your son looks a happy child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous I love the photos and the layout. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)