Friday, 16 October 2015

Layout 14: September Scrapbook Challenge "Childhood"

The theme I set for the September scrapbooking challenge on do crafts' Craft Talk forum was "Childhood". I didn't set a sketch, but set an optional extra challenge of including squares in the layout instead. The photo I chose isn't great (taken indoors with a phone camera), and didn't need a great deal of explanation, but it marked the kind of ordinary event about which it's nice to be reminded - my son's excitement at the arrival of a big box :-) As there wasn't much to say, I cropped the picture and made an 8x8 page. I like the size for this type of photo, and now plan to make a whole album of clean and simple layouts of 'nice little moments' like this one. Hopefully I'll be able to do these a bit quicker than I manage the average 12x12 layout, at least as long as I can stop worrying about them being 'scrapped enough'. This layout was finished for a couple of weeks before I accepted that it didn't need to be any more complicated!  At least the delay has meant that I can use this as my inspiration project for the Crafting Cafe's "Clean & Simple" October challenge :-)



What I used:
Papers: Dovecraft 8x8 Designer Paper Pack "Masculine" by Jayne Bentley
Embellishments: Cardstock letters from Roald Dahl A4 Ultimate Decoupage & Paper Pack, stitch pattern ribbon, brick pattern brad, Doodlebug "All Mixed Up" rub on numbers

Crafting notes:
  • I added faux stitching around the photo with a pen.
  • I originally intended to make my own background with coloured squares, but then found I had some paper that was just what I wanted.

2 comments:

  1. Typical kid - playing with a box! Great memory and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda this is a stunning page. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)