Thursday, 29 October 2015

Commissions!

When, after my little boy was born, I realised I'd never want to return to giving craft demos and imagined that I'd supply my cards to all the local small shops and all my friends, just as one of my other friends has. Sadly though, mumbling invitations to pop round for cards any time while blushing with embarrassment has not proven to be a terribly effective self-promotion style, and I don't exactly have Clinton's quaking in their boots. However, this week I had two commissions, so yay! The first is for an elderly couple celebrating their wedding anniversary, the second is for the husband in that couple celebrating his 80th birthday. Maybe I should try mumbling just a little bit louder? :-)





What I used
80th Birthday card
Papers: DCWV "Old World" 8x8, plum card
Embellishments: Anita's A4 die cut decoupage "Pastimes & Leisure", Papermania "For Him" A5 Decoupage card kit (greeting)
Tools: XCut nesting dies "Doorplate", XCut alphabet dies "Italic"
Other: Anita's A5 card blanks

Anniversary card
Papers: Papermania "Exquisite" 6x6
Embellishments: Papermania Vintage Notes A4 die cut toppers, Papermania mini brads, various paper flowers, Papermania lace trims, Papermania adhesive pearls
Tools: QuicKutz nesting oval dies, Papermania Confetti clear stamps "Anniversary Sentiments", various flower punches
Other: Anita's square card blanks, Clearsnap chalk ink queues (pinks)

Crafting notes:
80th Birthday card

  • I added "1935" to the wine bottle label as the vintage. To match the style of the rest of the label I used a pencil and went over the digits several times.

  • The dusky purple backing for the wine bottle is cut with the largest doorplate die. The plum matting is hand cut.
  • I used a double layer of foam pads along the centre-line of the wine bottle and the wine glass so I could give a more realistic curve to them.

Anniversary card

  • I couldn't find any card to match the darker heart in the topper, so all the edges are defined by inking in two colours of dusky pink. The lighter colour has nearly run out , but that has made for a very nice finish on the card edges and the flowers.



1 comment:

  1. Stick with it, I'm sure many more commissions will follow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)