Sunday, 13 September 2015

That time of year again...

...when Bob and his friends all have their birthdays. The whizzing of the years is always tinged with a little sadness, but this year it's especially so, as they're turning 4, so it's their last birthdays as pre-schoolers. Bob went to a birthday party today for a friend from tots club, and as I watched the children play I realised that it would probably be the last time we'd see most of them. The slightly older ones have started school, and the slightly younger ones will be going into full time pre-school, either way they've left tots club behind, and we're unlikely to bump into them at soft play any more. It's such a shame, as it's only been the last 6-12 months that they've really been old enough to play properly together.

Anyway, enough morose talk, here are the cards I made for this week's birthdays, both lots of fun to make, and Bob helped with the pirate ship - he loves turning the handle on the Big Shot :-) I hope you like them!





What I used:
Pirate Ship
Papers: card scraps
Tools: XCut Build-a-scene dies "Nautical", McGill hand-held two hole punch, blending chalks, Papermania white gel pen
Embellishments: Goldlabel holographic birthday peel-off
Spiderman
Papers: Holographic card, adhesive holographic papers
Tools: Sizzix Framelits with stamps "Balloons & Cupcakes", Whispers brush marker pens
Image: printable colouring page found on Pinterest
Embellishments: Goldlabel holographic birthday and number peel offs

Crafting notes:

  • The pirate ship and the sea are made entirely from offcuts and scraps
  • I didn't have a card blank the right colour blue, so I coloured the edge of a white card blank with the same pen I used for Spiderman.
  • The Spidey card has 4 balloons because, yes, I am that nerdy.
  • I used a very small two hole punch for the eye holes on the skull on the pirate ship. It was much easier to punch the holes and then die cut the skull around them than the other way around! I completed the face with a white gel pen

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous cards, they grow up so fast don't they. :)

    Hugs Abbs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)