Tuesday, 22 September 2015

Layout 13: Crafting Cafe September Challenge: My Favourite Season

The theme for the Crafting Cafe's September challenge on Facebook is "My Favourite Season", and I thought I'd use it as an opportunity to clear a project from the 'in progress' pile.

When I started demonstrating for Do Crafts, I took part in a circle journal with fellow demonstrators and, as I hadn't really done any scrapbooking at the time, I always intended to make copies of all the pages I contributed to other people's albums. I didn't finish any of the copies, but I did make a start on most. This 6x6 double layout was one that was almost there and, as it was about what I liked about a season, I thought I'd finish it for this challenge. Winter is very not my favourite season, with its short days and cold, damp weather, but there are some things about it that I love and maybe if I read my journalling a few more times I'll stop feeling so miserable about summer drawing to a close!



The original of this layout was made in June 2009 for Jo Austin's "Winter Wonderland" album. I've made a few changes in the copy because I have some nicer embellishments available and I wanted a different title. It's unusual for me, as it doesn't feature any of my photos. I like the resulting focus on the journalling though, and think I'll make some similar companion pages for the other seasons. Hopefully it won't take me another 6 years to do those though!

What I used:
Paper: Studiolight 12x12, plain white vellum
Embellishments: Papermania accent stickers "Snowflakes", Papermania mini brads, Anita's alphabet outline stickers.
Tools & Colour: XCut snowflake border punch, iridescent glitter glue

Crafting notes:
  • The frosting on the backing paper is hand done with glitter glue.
  • The journalling is printed on vellum and stuck down only by the accent stickers that overlap it.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)