Monday, 3 August 2015

Wedding Ever After

2015 has been better than most for offering romantic crafting opportunities, with my silver wedding anniversary in the spring, and both a wedding and a golden anniversary in the summer. It was very handy then that do crafts offered me a sneak preview of some of their stylish new Wedding Ever After range. In particular, I've been using these two tools:

Flourishes die set
Banner embossing folder

I love that the flourishes set has so many hearts, it was just perfect for what I wanted to do for my in-laws' golden wedding card, as I was able to do all my die cutting for the background in a single pass through my machine.  I arranged the heart dies randomly over a piece of cream pearlescent card and passed through the machine, then put the card through again in the embossing folder to emboss another heart and a border. The heart dies emboss at the same time and I really like the effect, both on the hearts and the heart-shaped holes. It gives an especially nice finish on the small gold heart I cut and stuck to the embossed heart. I mounted the pearlescent card onto gold mirror card, then onto Oyster Blush floral paper, which also has a pearlescent finish.

I'm always mindful when making a card like this that the card is half for a man of an older generation, so I like to keep the design relatively simple. Here's the finished card - impossible to photograph well with all the mirror card of course!



What I used:
Papers: Papermania Capsule Collection "Oyster Blush" 12x12 paper, Papermania cream pearlescent A4 cardstock, Anita's A4 gold mirri board
Tools: XCut A5 embossing folder "Banner", XCut 25 piece die set "Flourishes"
Embellishments: Anita's wedding anniversary outline stickers

Crafting notes:

  • The card front I ended up with was too big for me to make a custom card blank out of 12x12 card, so I cut down an A4 card blank.
  • The triplet of hearts at the bottom of the card, and the layered heart under the greeting were made by combining an embossed heart (from the embossing folder) with very small die cut hearts from the flourishes set. I love the textured finish it gives.


I also used these tools with some other Wedding Ever After materials to make three types of wedding stationery for my friend's wedding - favour gift tags, dinner place markers, and thank you cards. The wedding colour scheme was a dusky purple, and I picked this up with blending chalk over a heart embossed using the embossing folder. I included this element in all three items so they would all match. I also used blending chalk for the greeting on the thank you card.


I embossed and chalked a heart on the back side of the card to fit into the die cut at the front

What I used: 
Papers: Papermania Capsule Collection "French Lavender" 8x8 paper, Anita's Matt silver card
Tools: XCut A5 embossing folder "Banner", XCut 25 piece die set "Flourishes", All Night Media blending chalks, Ink It Up silver pigment ink
Embellishments: Wedding Ever After organza ribbon "Silver", Wedding Ever After Crochet Trim, Wedding Ever After Satin Ribbon Roses
Other: Wedding Ever After card kit (stamp and card blanks with die cut heart)

Crafting notes:
  • The card blank I used for the thank you card came with a heart die cut in the front. The Banner embossing folder has a clear back, so it was easy to line up to emboss a heart on the back side of the card so that it fit through the cut heart.
  • I applied blending chalk with a q-tip to the embossed hearts, then fixed with hairspray. You can use artist's fixing spray, but hairspray smells nicer and is a lot cheaper!
  • I stamped the 'thank you' greeting in silver pigment ink, then dabbed blending chalk over with cotton wool.
Happy crafting!

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Lovely cards, my stepson is getting married in 2017 so I'll be investing in some of these items, as I've foolishly agreed to do the wedding invitations! Debs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)