Well, here it is, I hope you like it!
What I used:
Papers: Tim Holtz "Destinations" (background), Dovecraft back to basics 8x8 paper, Basic Grey Archaic "Ancient" and "Earthworm" (spotty and lily pads), DCWV photo stack (wood paper), gold mirror card
Tools: Hot Diggity Dog "Treats" clear stamp set, See Ds "Whimsy" alphabet & number stamps, XCut flowers die set.
Colours: Whispers brush marker vintage green, Whispers permanent brush marker dark brown, Ancient Page archival ink "chocolate", brown pastel chalk, copper alcohol ink
Embellishments: K&Company K-Ology Grand Adhesions "Words", die cut chipboard sayings, Papermania clear dome stickers, Basic Grey Archaic dome brad, green mini tag.
- In made a magnifying glass to highlight the small frog in the final photo:
- I used two small circle dies to cut a ring of gold mirror card, then toned the shininess down with alcohol ink.
- I made a handle template from a piece of folded paper (to ensure symmetry) and stuck it to the back of a scrap of wood print paper, which I aged with brown pastel chalk.
- I finished off with a clear dome sticker
|When Bob saw the page, he put his eye to the magnifying glass :-)|
- The journalling is written on lily pad shapes, linked together with leaping frogs
- The title is laid out along the path of a jumpy frog (unlike the real frog, which just sat still all the time we watched!
- I originally matched the title with the backing of the spotty paper. Then I had the idea of the lily pads and it wasn't the right colour for that, so I redid the title on the lily pad paper. Luckily I'd taped the letters down, not glued them, otherwise I would have had to hand colour them to match. Here it is halfway through the replacement to show the difference (at night sadly, so it's not a great picture):