Sunday, 26 July 2015

Layout 10: Crafting Cafe July Challenge - Nature's Garden

This month it's all change at the Crafting Cafe - there's no blog, no sponsors and no digital images, so those of us on the design team have complete freedom to interpret each month's theme however we like. Which is nice :-)

For July the theme is "Nature's Garden", which I've interpreted as anything related to things that grow wild.  I'll be trying to make scrapbook pages for all my design team project now, and this month I chose a trip to collect conkers last year. If you'd like to come and join in the challenge, you can find out more at the Crafting Cafe Facebook group.

Here it is, I hope you like it!


Happy crafting
Amanda

What I used:
Papers: Basic Grey Wassail "Noel" 12x12, unknown lime green spotty 12x12
Embellishments: Papermania Alphaminis "Fun Green" cardstock letters, Papermania ribbon
Tools: XCut nesting dies "Spiro", Purple Cows trimmer with zig-zag cutter, Zig Art & Graphic Twin pen TUT-80

Crafting notes:

  • I used spotty green paper and cut with zig-zag edges throughout to suggest the bumpy shells that conkers have.
  • Despite having what even I will admit is 'too much' paper, I could only find one sheet of spotty paper in my stash that matched the green lettering I chose for the title. Unfortunately I can't remember where I got it, so I've minimised the use by gutting the matting for the photos - in other words, I've made a frame, but stuck the photos on top instead of underneath.
  • I was really pleased to find the ribbon in my stash - conkery shapes and the blue of Bob's shirt to tie everything together :-)
  • To make the conker embellishment (or "Eye of Sauron" as my husband described it!) I cut a spiro circle in green, cut a segment out, then matted onto a white spiro circle and cut another, smaller, segment out of that. I then stuck a circle of the conker coloured paper to the back.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page, love the conkers theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a super page Amanda ... isn't it strange that "we" never have the right paper even though we have tons of the flippen stuff lol ... anyway your page is just great ... hope you have a great week ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant page....great photos and bright colours...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant page....great photos and bright colours...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)