Saturday, 13 June 2015

50th Birthday

You wait a month for a blog post and then two come along at once :-)

One of my longest standing friends celebrated his 50th birthday this week, and this is the card I made for him. It's an 'L' shape, because L is the Roman numeral for 50, and it's bright colours and fun fonts because he's one of the happiest and most fun people I know. He's also known for his love of red Kickers shoes, hence the shoe on here. I'm a big fan of minimalist for most projects, but especially for cards for men, and this is no exception! I hope you like it.



Happy crafting

Amanda

What I used:
Papers: Papermania Capsule Collection "Spots and Stripes Bright" 12x12, old Papermania colossal paper packs (scraps)
Embellishments: Papermania die cut mulberry greetings "Birthday"
Tools: Craft Planet balloon punch, Studio g alphabet stamps
Other: Kickers shoe colouring page found on the internet

Crafting notes:
  • To make the card blank, I cut down a square card blank to be 4cm wide at the left and bottom
  • To cover the card, I stuck it down to the paper and then cut around with a sharp knife.
  • I've coloured the shoe with scuffs - well, he is 50 :-)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda this is a fantastic card I love the design. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever design and so perfect for a 50th birthday, well done. Lainie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever design and so perfect for a 50th birthday, well done. Lainie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card, just hopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)