Wednesday, 15 April 2015

Layout 6: Say Cheeeeese!

I made this layout to represent a period of time where my little boy did huge cheesy grins whenever a camera was pointed at him. The layout is based loosely on a sketch I found over a year ago, but I can't remember where or who to credit, so I won't include it here.



I hope you like it!

Amanda

What I used:
Papers: Three Bugs In A Rug "Celebrate - Sparkle" 12x12, DCWV textured cardstock
Embellishments: Papermania gel star stickers, K&Co Transfers to Go "Sentiments" by Brenda Walton, Dovecraft Summertime peel-offs
Tools: Sizzix star dies from Framelits with stamps set "Balloons and cupcakes", Want2Scrap chipboard stars, Whispers permanent markers

Crafting notes:
  • I sanded the edges of all the card layers and die cuts to add definition and to better match the speckled finish of the star paper.
  • I cut the larger card mats at an angle rather than straight and parallel as the layout is otherwise a bit too orderly.
  • The journalling star is cut using a chipboard star as a template. I use the chipboard shape itself as a cutting ruler when I do this. Always draw the knife to the tip of the star points to avoid cutting into the chipboard.
  • The title transfer was very hard to get off the backing sheet. I always use a blunter rubbing tool for transfers like this, not a sharper one.  Sharper tools might get the transfer off quicker, but they'll mark your card more if you have to push hard.

1 comment:

  1. What a great fun page. I can't believe how big Bob is getting. Such a happy little boy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)