Saturday, 7 March 2015

Layout 2 - Focus

I enjoyed making my first layout of the year so much that I started another page as soon as I finished it :-)

I kept the design clean and simple, which is my natural style anyway, but that also helps to cut down on procrastination.  By far the slowest part of the layout was searching for lettering that matched.  I never did find any, so had to alter some, see the notes below.  Here's the layout, I hope you like it:



What I used:

Papers: Sandylion CKOK "Lots of Flowers" 12x12, Born to shop "Go Green" A5, Papermania Capsule Collection "Spots and Stripes" mini square notelet.
Embellishments: Papermania chipboard die cuts "Tags & Frames" and "Flowers", Papermania adhesive die cuts "Alpha spots", Born to shop "Go Green" die cut decoupage greeting, Doodlebug "Simply Sweet" mini alphabet rub-ons in beetle black.
Other: ColorBox cyan pigment ink

Crafting notes:

  • I cut circle details from one of the other "Go Green" papers to embellish the chipboard flower and the date plaque.
  • The grey background of the alphabet stickers was a little purplish in some lights, and I found it jarring, so I altered it to match the chipboard embellishments by applying a cyan ink over the top.  Here's the difference it made - just the 'f' below is altered:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)