Thursday, 5 March 2015

At last! 1st layout of 2015

This layout isn't going to win any design awards, but it's super important to me, as its completion marks the banishment of the longest period of crafter's block I can remember suffering.  I've had several layouts on the go for ages but had got so bogged down I couldn't make any progress with any of them.  I decided to see if I could break out of it by starting a new 'easy' project, so I chose a background paper with a layout already on it - fewer things to decide = less procrastination!  This was the first time I've ever used a paper with a layout printed on it, as I've always considered it a bit odd, but it is really useful for scrapping more quickly.  The only snag was that the paper included a prominent banner down the right hand side with the name of the brand (why?), but I cut some paper from underneath where the photos go and covered it up so I could add my own words.  I also used paper gutted like this for the journalling blocks.

I couldn't find any tags or shapes quite the right colour for adding the photo dates and Bob's ages, so I painted some bare chipboard stars, to go with the stars on the paper.

This was also my first layout to feature pictures from more than one day.  I really like the comparison and I'm planning more like that.  Here's the page:


Happy crafting!

What I used:

Papers: Some bunny to love
Embellishments: Papermania alphabet stickers, Papermania Bare Basics chipboard shapes
Other: Artiste yellow paint

1 comment:

  1. Sweet and gorgeous. You made a lovely layout to get you back into scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)