Sunday, 4 January 2015

Layout 16 - Craft Talk October Challenge

I lost my way a bit with scrapping towards the end of the year, but my final tally for 2014 was 16 layouts - 4 more than my original target.  I was hoping to make it to 20, as I have several layouts that are in progress.  Hopefully I'll get decisive and they'll give me a good start to my 2015 target :-)

My last layout of the year was for the September sketch challenge on the Scrapbooking forum of Craft Talk, on the docrafts site  The theme was Autumn, and this was the sketch:



Here's my layout.  It's OK, but it bothers me that the paper and ribbon feature different leaves to those in the photo.  Yes, I really am that fussy.  Now you know why it takes me so long!



What I used

Paper/card: DCWV textured cardstock, Scrapperdashery "All the leaves are brown" double sided paper.
Embellishments: Jolee's Boutique "Fall Season" (for the title), Papermania adhesive ribbon, Papermania raffia, Copper leaf peel-offs by Goldlabel and 'DD'
Tools: XCut border punch, QuicKutz circle frame dies, Spellbinder Nestabilities scalloped circle die

Crafting tips:
  • The leaf paper is double sided, featuring the same image but at different saturations, so I used the paler side for the journalling block. I used the darker side for the leaf peel-offs and to frame the ribbon and the journalling too.
  • For the leaves in the corners, I stuck the stems directly to the base card, but lifted the tips with foam pads, to give a fluttery effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)