Sunday, 11 January 2015

Crafting Cafe January Challenge - Lots of Layers

This month's theme at the Crafting Cafe Challenge Blog is Lots of Layers, and the sponsor is Bugaboo Stamps.  Once Christmas is out of the way, I just want it hurry up and be Spring, so I've chosen their beautiful butterfly image to work with for this challenge.  I printed it once onto paper and once onto vellum (for an extra wing), then coloured it with metallic markers and matted with plain and shimmery papers.



Happy crafting!

Crafting tips:

  • I cut the vellum wing out with a piece of the body still attached, then folded along the join between body and wing.  I made a slit at the base of the wing on the main image and pushed the piece of body on the vellum wing through the slit and stuck on the reverse.  Not only does that mean there's no visible tape, but it also means the wing stands up really well and flaps :-)

What I used:

Image: Bugaboo Stamps Butterfly digital stamp
Papers: Papermania coloured papers, Papermania shimmery mulberry paper
Embellishments: Papermania light green mosaic square gems, Papermania Capsule Collection adhesive stones - "Sunshine"
Colours: Papermania fluid metallic brush markers


3 comments:

  1. I love this image too, I love the design you created and those colours work really well together.
    On the hop over from the crafting cafe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and bright card

    I cant wait for spring, its been so cold and dark lately

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Amanda, clever use of vellum on the butterfly . On the blog hop x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)