Sunday, 9 November 2014

Tinkerbell's present

Bob has two best friends his age and luckily one of them is a girl, so I get a break from diggers, rockets, trains and tractors :-)  She turned 3 at the start of October, and she loves Tinkerbell.  I had a lovely image of Tinkerbell waving her wand in a decoupage book, so I made an easel card, mounted Tinkerbell on a spring and used a present as the prop, so it would look like Tinkerbell had magically made the gift appear.  I don't think Bob really wanted to give it away - while it was in progress, he kept asking to go into my room to "see the fairy" :-)

Here it is, I hope you like it!



Crafting notes
  • The paper is the matching paper from the decoupage book and has a glossy finish that marks really easily.  It was the only piece I had and inevitably got marked, so I covered it in clear pigment ink and sprinkled over holographic clear embossing powder to turn it into a smooth glittered paper.  I added glitter glue to the present's bow to match.
  • The fairy decoupage is a bit delicate for the attentions of a 3 year old, so I stuck the bottom layer onto acetate and added only one more layer.
  • When heating embossing powder containing tinsel it's best to heat from the reverse, so you don't blow away any of your sparkles.  I also use the low speed on my heat gun.
What I used:
Images and paper: Papermania gift die cut, StudioLight Disney Classics mini decoupage book, Craft Planet star stickers
Tools: Me To You "Primrose" embossing folder, Heat It Up 2 speed heat gun
Other: Glitz It holographic glitter glue, Heat It Up holographic embossing powder, clear pigment ink, Papermania spring mounts.

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous,fabulous image and background.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)