Thursday, 30 October 2014

The Crafting Cafe October Challenge - Think Pink

The challenge at the Crafting Cafe this month is "Think Pink", and it's sponsored by Aurora Wings.  I chose their "Marie Antoinette" image and knew straight away that I'd use the famous misquote "Let them eat cake", but I assumed I'd have to either print out the message or build it letter by letter.  So, I was very happy to find that one of the papers in an old Papermania set had not just the quote, but a cupcake too.

I'm usually fairly minimalist when it comes to embellishments, but the image is so detailed and sumptuous that it seemed right to go a bit more busy than usual, but I did compensate by making the background more simple :-)



I hope you like it!

What I used:
Papers: Papermania "Little Cake Shoppe" (A4), DCWV Spring Glitter Matstack (A6).
Image: Aurora Wings "Marie Antoinette" digi stamp.
Embellishments: Papermania adhesive stones, various paper flowers, fringed ribbon.
Colours: Whispers brush markers, holographic glitter glue

Crafting notes:

  • I picked out parts of the feather, jewellery, and cakes with glitter glue.
  • The ribbon matches the dark parts of the image better in real life!
  • The image is matted onto a pink card saved from some packaging - I always keep an eye out for unusual shades!

1 comment:

  1. Your card is gorgeous,love the image,a fab design.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)