Saturday, 6 September 2014

Wintery trees candle, for Country View Crafts

September already (!), and time for another guest designer post over at Country View Crafts.  This time I'm sharing one of my favourite techniques - melting a tissue paper design onto the surface of a candle.  In the past I've always used stamped images, but this time I thought I'd try a die cut design.


There are step by step instructions and photos on my post on the Country View Crafts blog here.  I'd love to know what you think!

What I used
Inks: Ranger distress inks "black soot", "peeled paint", "chipped sapphire", "spiced marmalade", "vintage photo", Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze "midnight rendezvous"
Tools: Sizzix Movers and Shapers die set "Mini pine tree & holly" by Tim Holtz, XCut nesting circles die set, Ranger mini mister, heat gun
Other: Stickles "silver", "diamond", white tissue paper, greaseproof paper, white candle

1 comment:

  1. This is just gorgeous,love the technique.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)