Saturday, 13 September 2014

The Crafting Cafe Challenge - Shades of One

The September challenge over at the Crafting Cafe is "shades of one", and I've been really surprised at how much fun it was to work with shades of a single colour.  There are two sponsors this month (Bugaboo Stamps and Scribble & Scrap Crafts), and both gave us such lovely images to work with that I couldn't choose between them, so I have two projects to share:
Image from Scribble & Scrap

Image from Bugaboo Stamps
I normally print digis onto glossy decoupage paper, but for both projects I wanted to do some painting, so I chose a good quality printer paper.  For the pink project I painted Radiant Rain onto the paper first, using horizontal strokes, then squirted Cosmic Shimmer Mist over the top.  Once printed, I painted the border with a couple of coats of Radiant Rain.  I finished with some pink glitter glue in the flower centres.  For the sympathy card I did some light colouring with watercolour pencils, just on the girl, and then blended with a water brush.

I hope you like them!

What I used:
Pink project:
Papers: Papermania handmade velvet papers
Image: Bugaboo stamps "Silhouette - Butterfly Flowers"
Paints & inks: LuminArt Radiant Rain "Pink Azalea", Cosmic Shimmer Mist "Lava Red", pink glitter glue
Embellishments: Goldlabel black peel-off greeting, Papermania black adhesive stones
Tools: QuicKutz oval and circle dies, XCut circle die
Beige project:
Papers: K&Co "Life's Journey" 6x6 papers, beige scraps
Image: Scribble & Scrap "Vintage Photo Sheet 6"
Paints & inks: Ranger Distress Ink "Vintage Photo"
Embellishments: MiC Crafts adhesive pearl, Beige chiffon ribbon
Tools: Purple Cows deckle edge trimmer, Flower punches, Do Crafts "Stamp & Greet" stamp set, watercolour pencils

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)