Tuesday, 26 August 2014

The C word!

I'd love it to be summer (well, late spring) all year round.  Once the August bank holiday is over, I start to get a bit morose about the shortening days and the proximity of months of wearing too many layers of clothes and hosing mud off the dog three times a day.  Christmas crafting is one of the few consolation prizes of winter's dreariness for me, and I tend to get started in earnest in September.  Here's my first Christmas card of the year, made for Country View Crafts.




The bauble is embossed onto card that I coloured using alcohol inks applied with water.  There are step-by-step photos and instructions on their blog, but I've included a list of what I used below.

What I used
Papers: Plain white card, DCWV Mini Scalloped 12x12 cardstock, gold mirror card
Tools: Sizzix Framelits die set with textured impressions 'Ornament', Inkssentials Cut n Dry stamp pad foam
Inks: Adirondack alcohol inks 'botanical', 'cranberry', 'gold mixative', blending solution, Distress ink 'peeled paint'
Embellishments: Gold thread, gold bow, adhesive gem

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty... I'm also making Christmas cards xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fab card hon. You are very good making christmas cards. I only ever make a couple of special ones as christmas in my job is just manic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab Christmas card and love the textural feel to it. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great Christmas card Mand, love anything with baubles so pretty. Shall look up the technique . X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)