Saturday, 16 August 2014

Layout 14: Jamming with Nanny

Having made my 2014 target of 12 pages in about 6 months, I thought I'd set myself the goal of repeating that in the second half of the year.  I'm a bit behind already, but here's my second page towards that - a monochrome page to preserve some musical fun my Mum and Bob had last Christmas.  I thought it would be fun to use the same mask as I used on my previous musical scrapbook page, but with a very different effect, to match the bright, clean photos I'm using.

It was a fun page to do, at least partly because looking at these pictures always makes me smile.  I have a video of their jamming session too - what a shame we can't put Harry Potter style moving pictures into layouts!

I've written the project up here for the Country View Crafts blog, so there's lots of detail and photos to show what I did there, but I've included a kit list here too.


What I used:

Papers: Core'dinations 12x12 card "Black soot", Paper Mill black and white thin cardstock
Tools: That Special Touch border masks "Music" and "Piano keys ", Sizzix Tim Holtz 'Music' embossing folder
Embellishments: Papermania Alphamania cardstock stickers, black
Inks/Paints: Adirondack paint dabber "Snow Cap", Papermania black brush marker, Papermania white gel pen

2 comments:

  1. I love your pages & happy for you that you are sort of on schedule :-)
    This is a lovely page & being a granny I am well aware how precious this will be to bob in later years. Lucky little boy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to scrapbook images of children with their grandparents, definitely moments to cherish x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)