Sunday, 31 August 2014

Crafting Cafe August Challenge - Poppy Photo Inspiration

If you've arrived from the Crafting Cafe blog hop, welcome, and I hope you find something you like on my page.

Here is my inspiration project for the August challenge over at the Crafting Cafe challenge blog.  This month it's a photo inspiration challenge, with this photo of a field of poppies as the theme, and the sponsor is Ooh La La Creations.  The design team was able to choose images from their lovely Carnival of Colour CD.  The only snag with that for me is that I don't currently have a working colour printer, so I owe a huge thanks to the friend who printed things for me when I failed to sort out a print service in time.  That's one of the reasons my inspiration post is later than normal.  The other reason is that I had grand ideas for a scrapbook page that I've sadly not managed to complete.  Watch this space though, it's still on the list.  Luckily I know what a slow coach I am at scrapbooking, so I had a contingency plan for a clean and simple card, and here it is:



The paper and topper were so beautiful that I really didn't want to mess with them too much, hence the clean and simple design!  I'd expected it to be a condolence card, being poppies, but the result seemed really cheerful, so I plumped for a birthday card instead.  For the greeting I chose a banner with just a couple of letters printed red, which made me think of single poppies dotted around in corn fields.

I hope you like it!

Amanda

What I used
Printables: Ooh La La Creations "Carnival of Colour" CD, "Dancing in the wind" design.
Embellishments: Hot Diggity Dog die cut greetings, Papermania adhesive pearls, white
Tools: XCut Leafy Lace border punch

5 comments:

  1. I loved working with these too - they are stunning. Love what you have done with them.
    I'm on the hop over from the Crafting Cafe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely images and the olive green colour compliments them perfectly. Gorgeous! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda, just hopping by on The Crafting Cafe Hop! I love your card. The papers & toppers are indeed beautiful & you have showcased them wonderfully!
    Have a magical Sunday!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weren't these images easy to work with? Love what you have done with them - gorgeous :)
    I enjoyed my stop-off here on the Crafting Cafe Hop :)

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely subtle layered design. Fab work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)