Sunday, 13 July 2014

Crafting Cafe July Challenge - Get Fruity

The theme over at the Crafting Cafe this month is "Get Fruity" and the challenge is to use fruit or fruit colours in a project.  The sponsor is Lacy Sunshine, and I fell in love with their Tilly Dinosaur image as soon as I saw it, so went for fruity colours instead of actual fruit.  I combined the image with some conventional stamping to make a simple child's birthday card (handily, just in time for a party that had slipped my mind!).  I used some paper that is both near prehistoric in age and makes me think of reptile skin (although it's supposed to be cobblestones), and I let that drive the colour scheme for the card.  To finish, I decorated the inside with some dinosaur footprints  I hope you like it!

Inside: Uh-oh, are they T-rex prints?!
What I used
Papers: Sandylion 12x12 sheet "Cobblestone"
Tools: Promarkers, Whispers dye inks "Pine Green", "Green Green"
Embellishments: Papermania Daisy & Dandelion acetate greeting stickers
Stamps: Lacy Sunshine "Tilly" (digi), Christine's Craftyart "Trees and Fences", Basic Grey "Dino" (footprints).

Crafting Notes
  • I added the forest background by masking the dinosaur image and stamping trees in a couple of greens.  Just print and cut out a spare dinosaur image and use it to cover the 'real' image while you stamp the trees.
  • The ultra-thin border around the backing paper is drawn on using the fine end of a brown brushmarker.
  • I used a party greeting instead of a birthday greeting because I used the card for a little boy whose party was held in term time, a couple of weeks ahead of his birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Love the colours. Love the image. Love the card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)