Friday, 13 June 2014

Crafting Cafe June Challenge - Love and Marriage

The theme over at the Crafting Cafe this month is Love and Marriage, and it's sponsored by Bugaboo.  As luck would have it, I actually did need a wedding card this month, so I was able to kill two birds with one stone :-)

Wedding and birthday cards are probably the most likely cards to be kept for a long time, so I always like to use the wedding invitation as a guide for the style and colours that the bride and groom like.  For once, I knew immediately which paper I was going to use for my friends' card the minute I saw the invitation, as I have some almost identical!

Invitation on the left, Papermania paper on the right

I chose Bugaboo's "Our Wedding Toast" image to work with, and coloured it with Promarkers, which I'm still not comfortable working with, but I do want to keep trying.  I kept the design for the card clean and simple, like the invitation.  Here's what I made, I hope you like it!


Happy crafting!

What I used:
Stamps and tools: Bugaboo "Our Wedding Toast" digi stamp, See D's stamp set "Celebration messages", Promarkers, Whispers permanent brush markers
Papers: Papermania "Flowery" Colossal paper pack
Embellishments: Organza ribbon, joined hearts metal charm

Crafting Notes
  • I made up the paper and orange card panel separately so I could wrap the organza ribbon round at each end for a neat finish.
  • I used a silicon dot under the ribbon to keep the heart flat and in place.
  • The joined hearts charm started out silver, but I coloured it with a permanent marker.
  • When cutting thin pieces, like the 'Congratulations' banner on this card, use low-tac masking tape to hold the piece in place.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Thanks for the tips also!
    Clur
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely idea to take a theme from the invite for your card. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)