Wednesday, 25 June 2014

9th Anniversary

I love making themed wedding anniversary cards, so I was very pleased when one of my friends asked me to make one for her husband.  It's their 9th anniversary, which is pottery by the traditional list, leather by the modern list, and poppies by the flower list.  I had made a leather themed card for their 3rd anniversary, so I plumped for pottery and made this card with 9 poppies in a vase, taking the colour scheme from the poppies:  I hope you (and my friend!) like it.  Happy crafting!



What I used
Papers: DCWV "Elegant Wedding" 8x8 scrapbook stack, stitched mulberry paper
Tools: Papermania "Poppy Fields" stamps, Marvy le Plume red pen.
Embellishments: Pottery vase (ebay), Anita's gold line and Anniversary peel-offs,

Crafting notes
  • The vase of poppies is made up of poppy heads stamped from several stamps in the set, individually cut out so they could be arranged.  The stems are hand drawn, and I've stuck the flowers down with different thickness foam pads.

  • I use silicon glue dots to stick hard and heavy embellishments like the pot down. The dots stay flexible, so there's a little give if the embellishment is knocked.  Other glues dry so hard that I find embellishments tend to fall off if knocked.
  • The script paper is really for a wedding, but only one of the quotes is wedding specific, so I just positioned it carefully!
  • I put inserts into almost all of my cards, and I love to add little touches of decoration to them.  Here I've stamped a small poppy in the bottom right corner.

3 comments:

  1. How lovely and the little pot is so cute x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful love the vase and the poppies are stunning. love how you used the poppy colour scheme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. I love the dimension created with the vase and poppies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)