Monday, 12 May 2014

Moving house card for Country View Crafts

I'm very excited to announce that I'll be doing a few guest designer posts over the coming months for the blog for my favourite online craft shop, Country View Crafts.  My first project went live on their blog today and I'm sharing it here too.  It's a moving house card, with a moving house on it :-)  I'd love to know what you think - as kinetic cards go, this is just about as easy to make as it gets!


Waggle the lolly stick and move house!


A full description of how to make the card can be found on the Country View Crafts blog here.

What I used
Papers: Tim Holtz Idea-Ology paper stacks "Retro Grunge", "Destinations", Kraft card
Embellishments: Wooden laser cut house, magnetic fastener
Tools: Papermania circle punch, Studio g mini alphabet stamps, That Special Touch map mask, Adirondack paint dabber "snow cap", Ranger archival ink "coffee", Tim Holtz distress inks "Spiced marmalade", "Chipped sapphire", "Vintage photo", "Broken china"
Other: Walls mini twister lolly, and a toddler to eat it :-)

Crafting notes

  • I coloured the wooden house with a paint dabber and a distress ink pad.  Apply the paint first and allow to dry before applying the ink so the colours don't bleed.  Use masking tape to get a nice straight edge.
  • To give the lolly stick room to move, I stuck three layers of foam tape to the reverse of the map, around the top, bottom and left edges.  Tape is preferable to pads, because it gives a smooth and continuous edge, so the slider doesn't get caught.  I needed my tape to be half thickness - to cut it down, unroll sticky side up onto your craft mat, and cut with a knife.
  • I distressed the edge of the map before inking it - just make small tears along the edge and then roll between your fingers.

.

1 comment:

  1. I love this card!! I particularly like the sunburst effect on the left with the text over it. Just fab x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)