Wednesday, 7 May 2014

Layout 11: Craft Talk Weather Challenge

The theme for the April scrapbooking challenge on the docrafts Craft Talk Forum was the weather, and the suggested sketch had a diagonal layout of three photos.  I chose a single photo page, but kept the diagonal structure from the sketch - this is what I came up with:

This layout should have been nice and quick, as I had a fairly clear idea of what I wanted to do, and I had a couple of ready made embellishments that I really liked too.  But then the dog got her first ever couple of fleas (which seemed to be immune to her flea treatment :-( ) and Bob and I got colds, so much of my crafting time has unfortunately been spent spraying the carpets and wiping noses!   Further delays came from me getting stuck on the journalling, as usual, and deciding to modify both the ready made embellishments a bit.  Here's how the title started out:

I didn't have any snowflakes to match this one, and it really bothered me that part of the title was covered up!  I'm much happier with the ATD metal snowflake I've replaced it with, and I added them in a couple of other places too:


Happy crafting!

What I used:
Papers: Forever Friends Christmas Snow 6x6
Embellishments: American Traditional Designs Lil' Stackers (Snowflake) and Lil' Charms (Let it Snow), Fabric snowflakes (can't remember where from), large silver brads
Tools: XCut embossing snowflake punch, Marvy le Plume dark navy pen

Crafting notes:
  • I snipped off the 'arms' of the fabric snowflakes that were not visible, as I think they'll make brilliant winter trees for a small topper :-)
  • Most of the journalling strips come from the bits of the 6x6 sheets that would have been hidden under the photo.
  • I used silicon glue dots to stick the snowflakes down.  I like that you don't have to wait for the glue to dry, and these dots can be repositioned without mess too.

3 comments:

  1. Love it Amanda, one of your best in my humble opinion :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout love the pic xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab layout. I love your choice of embelishments and papers to go with the photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)