But then I remembered that we took a nice piccie of Bob in the leaves that day too, and I realised a 2 page layout would be nicer. Luckily I had just one more sheet of the paper I'd used as a background too! That photo wasn't printed though, so there was some delay waiting for me to order from Photobox. For a while I clung on to my basic layout for the first half, trying to echo it in the facing page, to look something like this:
I left it on my desk for a while, trying to get happy about it, but finally gave up and laid things out fresh. I worked out a layout about which I was happier (though not ecstatic), but then started to dither about the journalling and how to present it. I decided that some hessian, like on the "Autumn" title, would help to bring the two pages together. Incredibly, I didn't have a single piece of plain hessian in my stash. Glittery hessian, yep, rubbery hessian-style mesh, yep, normal stuff, no. A rummage on eBay fixed that - I now have so much I need to look on Pinterest for ideas to use it up!
Here's the finished layout:
I'm so pleased to have it finished, as I've felt bad about starting other projects with it still outstanding. I'd love to know which layout you like best. Maybe I'll find another piccie to make the original 1 page layouttoo :-)
What I used:
Papers: Brenda Walton "Amelia Blocks",
Embellishments: Creative Imaginations leaf stickers by Pamela Woods, Papermania Pampered Pets letters, Stickopotamus Jolee's Boutique "Autumn Leaves" fabric title
Tools: Inkadinkado Maple leaf stamp, Forever friends brown ink, Whispers Caramel Delight ink, Purple Cows deckle trimmer blade, Boofle "Textured Backgrounds" stamps, Chalk ink
- I stamped maple leaves in two colours onto the Brenda Walton paper.
- The leaf stickers are not completely opaque, so I stuck them to card of different colours (white, lemon, and beige) to slightly alter their colours, and provide more variation. To fix them to the project, I used PVA on the stalks, and small strips of foam tape at the tips, to (hopefully) give the idea of leaves fluttering around.
- I stamped a couple of fabric weave patterns onto the cardstock letter stickers and the card I used for the journalling and date, to tie in with the fabric title embellishment.
I'm entering this project into the following challenges: