Sunday, 20 April 2014

Layout 6, no, 7, I mean 8, er ... 9

Finally!  After much dithering and mind changing, I'm very happy to share my 9th layout of the year.  I started it at the beginning of March, expecting it to be a quick single page project with just one photo of Molly in Autumn leaves.  I thought it would be nice to include the triple embossed leaf that I posted here, rather than a bought embellishment, and I used the lemon card, rick-rack and stamp from that on the rest of the layout.  Several things were stuck down, and all I really needed to do was to work out what to say in my journalling.

But then I remembered that we took a nice piccie of Bob in the leaves that day too, and I realised a 2 page layout would be nicer.  Luckily I had just one more sheet of the paper I'd used as a background too!  That photo wasn't printed though, so there was some delay waiting for me to order from Photobox.  For a while I clung on to my basic layout for the first half, trying to echo it in the facing page, to look something like this:


I left it on my desk for a while, trying to get happy about it, but finally gave up and laid things out fresh.  I worked out a layout about which I was happier (though not ecstatic), but then started to dither about the journalling and how to present it.  I decided that some hessian, like on the "Autumn" title, would help to bring the two pages together.  Incredibly, I didn't have a single piece of plain hessian in my stash.  Glittery hessian, yep, rubbery hessian-style mesh, yep, normal stuff, no.  A rummage on eBay fixed that - I now have so much I need to look on Pinterest for ideas to use it up!

Here's the finished layout:


I'm so pleased to have it finished, as I've felt bad about starting other projects with it still outstanding.  I'd love to know which layout you like best.  Maybe I'll find another piccie to make the original 1 page layout 
too :-)

What I used:   
Papers: Brenda Walton "Amelia Blocks",
Embellishments: Creative Imaginations leaf stickers by Pamela Woods, Papermania Pampered Pets letters, Stickopotamus Jolee's Boutique "Autumn Leaves" fabric title
Tools: Inkadinkado Maple leaf stamp, Forever friends brown ink, Whispers Caramel Delight ink, Purple Cows deckle trimmer blade, Boofle "Textured Backgrounds" stamps, Chalk ink

Crafting notes:
  • I stamped maple leaves in two colours onto the Brenda Walton paper.
  • The leaf stickers are not completely opaque, so I stuck them to card of different colours (white, lemon, and beige) to slightly alter their colours, and provide more variation.  To fix them to the project, I used PVA on the stalks, and small strips of foam tape at the tips, to (hopefully) give the idea of leaves fluttering around.
  • I stamped a couple of fabric weave patterns onto the cardstock letter stickers and the card I used for the journalling and date, to tie in with the fabric title embellishment.

Challenges:
I'm entering this project into the following challenges:

7 comments:

  1. I think both pages are great , and I think sometimes we stress too much over our pages . As long as you love it & bob will love to look back on the memories too. Who cares about anyone's opinion anyway xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab 2 page spread. I actually like both layouts. I love your use of hessian and rick rack and everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous make and thank you for sharing at Crafty Hands very good luck hun Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for playing with us at Scrapbook Blessings Club! I love both of your layouts but if I had to pick a favorites....I like the 2nd one the best. I'm with you on having an "unfinished" project hanging around. I have a Halloween album that is in desperate need of finishing. LOL
    -Brenda
    SBC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute baby and gorgeous dog!! layout is good too ;-) Many thanks for joining the crafty hands challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapbook Blessings Club.
    Barbara
    SBC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute LO! Thanks for playing along with us at SBC.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)