Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Layout 10 - Pumpkins!

Into double figures, yay!  I'm tempted to revise my target for the year, but you never know what's around the corner, so I will wait until I finish my 12th layout!

The last couple of layouts I've done have proved quite tricksy, so I picked a simpler single photo layout for my tenth scrapping project of the year.  The picture I chose was of Bob being very happy that the Riverford lady had just arrived with a box full of huge orange veg.  Luckily I recently acquired some pumpkin papers in a big mixed load, so I didn't have a huge amount of choosing to do.  The layout itself evolved from a sketch from the July 2012 Pagemaps archive.  It's one of the fastest layouts I've done and, as usual, all feedback gratefully received:


What I used:
Papers: Karen Foster "Thanksgiving Dots", "Thanksgiving Stripes", and "Magic Pumpkins", I wish I could remember where the background paper was from, as it's my last sheet!
Embellishments: Chatterbox Alpha stickers (tangerine), Stickopotamus Jolee's Boutique "Autumn Leaves", Pumpkin eyelets (can't remember where I got these either), Craft Planet felt
Tools: Crop-a-dile Big Bite

Crafting Notes:
  • I cut a small pumpkin from the magic pumpkin paper on which to write the date of the photo.
  • I made the felt pumpkin to match the ready made felt leaf embellishments (and I should say I'm ridiculously happy with it!).  I couldn't sew the stalk on without the stitches showing, so I cut a silicone glue dot in half to attach it.  To do this without gumming up your scissors, sandwich the glue dot between two layers of the backing sheet.
My felt pumpkin!


  • The journalling strips are attached to the photo using pumpkin eyelets, but I stuck them to the photo first so they wouldn't move around while I set the eyelets.  I matted the photo onto card too, to make sure the photo didn't buckle.
I love these little eyelets!


2 comments:

  1. It's great - you are in danger of becoming prolific ! Love the felt pumpkin x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab layout. I love your various embelishments and how you've kept the pumpking theme throughout with the pumping background as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)