Monday, 14 April 2014

Crafting Cafe April Challenge - One for the Boys

The theme over at the Crafting Cafe this month is "One for the Boys" and so I decided to get uncharacteristically ahead by making a Father's Day card (ironic, as I'm a day late posting because I thought today was the 13th, doh!).  I chose an image by Delicious Doodles that reminds me of childhood holidays in Devon - the exquisitely detailed "Harbour Scene".  I'm not much of a painter, type of image, where all the shading is done for you, is perfect.  I've coloured it with watercolour pencils, using my special 'scribble' style of application, before going over with a water brush to blend the colours.  As I say, this type of stamp is very forgiving!

I tried my painted image over all sorts of nautical papers, before plumping for something very different.  I hope you like it!



What I used:
Image: Delicious Doodles Harbour Scene digi stamp.
Papers: Papermania Inspiration stack "Cool Tones"
Tools: Papermania watercolour pencils, Kuretake brush pen, Purple Cows trimmer with fancy wave blade.
Embellishments: Anita's outline stickers, metal anchor charm from a random eBay shop.

Crafting tips: 

  • When blending watercolour pens on smooth card, use as little water as you can to avoid warping the card.  If you make a mistake, dab quickly with kitchen towel.
  • I always blend colours on the card - colour with pencils of different colours, then add water to the card to blend them.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. Love the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. I like your "scribble" technique as the colouring looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love his Amanda. Great colours & lovely colouring!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)