To get this effect:
- Print out your image and tape it to some metal craft foil.
- Place over a surface with some give - a rubber heat mat or a mousemat work well.
- Trace over the lines of your image with a fine embossing stylus or a ballpoint pen, pressing firmly and evenly, then cut out.
- Turn over and fill with 3D gloss and allow to dry completely. This step is optional, but will stop your embossing getting squashed in the post.
Here's how I used my finished foil seahorse, I hope you like it. I really must remember how hard mirror card is to photograph next time I make something to blog!
What I used:
Papers: DCWV black and white stack, mirror card, black card
Embellishments: Silver metal crafting foil, Daisy and Dandelion die cut greeting.
Tools: Stick It! Heat Resist Rubber Rescue Pad, Anita's 3D gloss
- Cover your printed image with sticky tape before tracing if you want to use it several times.
- Try highlighting your embossing with alcohol inks or permanent markers.