Thursday, 13 March 2014

The Crafting Cafe March Challenge - Clean and Simple

The theme over at the Crafting Cafe this month is Clean and Simple, which suits me very well as I generally struggle to make myself do anything else!  The sponsor this month is LEJ Designs, and I chose Lesley's lovely seahorse design to work with. I wanted to show a different way of using stamps this time, so for my card, I embossed the stamp onto foil:


To get this effect:

  1. Print out your image and tape it to some metal craft foil.
  2. Place over a surface with some give - a rubber heat mat or a mousemat work well.
  3. Trace over the lines of your image with a fine embossing stylus or a ballpoint pen, pressing firmly and evenly, then cut out.
  4. Turn over and fill with 3D gloss and allow to dry completely.  This step is optional, but will stop your embossing getting squashed in the post.
Here's how I used my finished foil seahorse, I hope you like it.  I really must remember how hard mirror card is to photograph next time I make something to blog!  


What I used:
Papers: DCWV black and white stack, mirror card, black card
Embellishments: Silver metal crafting foil, Daisy and Dandelion die cut greeting.
Tools: Stick It! Heat Resist Rubber Rescue Pad, Anita's 3D gloss

Crafting Notes:
  • Cover your printed image with sticky tape before tracing if you want to use it several times.
  • Try highlighting your embossing with alcohol inks or permanent markers.

5 comments:

  1. WOW! Beautiful thanks for the tutorial. Think I am going to have to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda, absolutely love this, so beautiful. Thank you for the tutorial too.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea Amanda, will be giving it a go! Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab idea. Your card is very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so great and looks fab. Thanks for sharing and for the instructions, definitely on my to have a go list :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)