Saturday, 29 March 2014

Layout 7: Craft Talk March Sketch Challenge - Pets

This month the scrapbook challenge on the docrafts Craft Talk forum is a page about pets, optionally using this sketch:

I love the sketch, and don't generally think of doing non-square layouts, plus I have a zillion photos of my little doggy, so I've been looking forward to getting round to this challenge.

Molly is a rescue dog (from the very excellent Heathlands Animal Sanctuary) and came to us at 1 year old having been rehomed once.  We don't know if she ever went to the seaside with her previous owners, but she was certainly very excited about it the first time she went with us!  I chose a photo from that day for my layout.

I've added a few more layers around the photo than in the sketch, but I've kept the colour scheme very simple.  I hope you like it!



What I used:
Papers: Papermania Colossal Paper Stack (the blue), DCWV Photo Stack (sand and sky), DCWV Dog Scrapbook in a Stack
Embellishments: Craftwork Cards Candi
Tools: See Ds "Cute and Cuddly" stamps (paw print), Papermania Alphabet stamps, XCut Petal Posy dies

Crafting Notes:

  • To stamp onto small curved embellishments like the Candi, stick the embellishment down and stick the stamp to your finger, then carefully roll the stamp over the embellishment so you don't miss any bits of the stamp.

16 comments:

  1. I love your interpretation of the sketch in your scrapbook page layout. And seeing your dog enjoying a day out at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so sweet what a fab pic of molly, love the colour x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab layout and love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely layout your dog looks like he is having fun . very lovey doggy . hugs Seema . I am on my blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is picture perfect, I'm so glad Molly has a loving home xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your scrapbook pages always inspire me to give it a try. Unfortunately my crafting time is limited at the moment :-( I'm determined to scrap my granddaughter's 1st birthday though, so might need to check back and nick some of your ideas xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amanda, really love how your colour palette and font for this layouts, it's really sophisticated, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just hopping by to say Hi! You already know Ilove your layout & your photo!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I love anything scrapbook related, but this is beautiful , love the colours looks textured. And the blue touches are fab . Brilliant page x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have blended the colour scheme so well. Molly looks fab, always happy to hear about a rescued dog! Im popping by on the Crafting Cafe blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just popped by on my crafting cafe blog hop, love the layout you have done xx from gail at http://guffdesignscardcreations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. On the hop from the crafting cafe - I love this photo. Well done you on the scrapbook pages - you have inspired me to look out some of my photos and get started on mine! Watch this space.... x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous layout, Molly looks like she is having lots of fun, what a gorgeous girlie :) xx Just hopping by from the Crafting Cafe. Hugs, Samantha K xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)