Monday, 10 March 2014

Layout 5 - Jellytastic!

I always feel a bit naughty when I cut bits off a photo.  I suspect it's a product of having grown up with film cameras, and being able to remember when you had to wait a week for your photos to be printed.  I had some dead space in one of the photos I chose for my 5th layout though, and I also liked the idea of having two differently proportioned pictures on a layout, so I did it anyway :-)  I'm really happy with the effect on this page, particularly as it helps to place emphasis on the full size picture.

For the layout, I've taken elements from a couple of sketches on the very excellent pagemaps site.  As the pictures are of my little boy having his first taste of jelly (raspberry), I've cut wobbly edges for elements on the page and featured quite a bit of red.  Here it is.  I'd love to know what you think!




What I used:
Papers: Basic Grey Cupcake, Core'dinations navy blue card
Embellishments: Papermania paper flowers, Basic Grey Cupcake chipboard shapes and cardstock stickers, Papermania Alphaminis cardstock "Curly" alphabet (white).
Tools: Basic Grey "Journal Swash" stamps, See D's Hearts Alphabet stamps, Whispers permanent brushmarkers, Red Colorbox chalk ink, Blue Whispers dye ink

Crafting Notes:
  1. I don't know how many alphabets I'll have to own before I'll have the right colour to hand most of the time, but I'm not there yet!  I used white cardstock stickers, which are quite glossy, so I coloured them with permanent markers.
  2. I wanted the "st" in "1st" to be small, but the alphabet I chose didn't have anything suitable, so I stamped something instead.  I stamped onto the edge of the alphabet sticker sheet to make sure the textures matched.  This meant stamping with a permanent marker, as it's quite glossy stuff.  You can only really manage this for small stamps as the ink dries too quickly.  Be generous with the ink and work quickly.
  3. I used Core'dinations cardstock as a base, so I was able to sand the edges before inking them to get a nice fine red border to the project.
I've entered this project into the CountryView Crafts blog challenge "Paper Chase"

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful page! Great job on the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda, love this page, it's so bright and colourful, perfect for the occasion! Really like the arrow linking the two images, Jill x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)