Sunday, 16 February 2014

2 down, 10 to go :-)

I can't remember the last time I finished a project earlier than I planned, so I'm quite excited about this project.  I'm aiming to average one scrapbook project per month this year, and I'm happy to report that February's page is finished already.  I made a rough sketch of this page a few months ago, but couldn't find any papers that matched what I wanted: swirly not-too-in-your-face patterns in the four primary colours of the ball pit balls.  After lots of rummaging, I realised that most of the papers I wanted were in the very first paper stack I ever bought - an ancient and value-tastic Papermania stack.

Here's the page.  I might add another few little 'balls' here and there, but for now I think it's finished.  I hope you like it!


What I used:

Papers: DCWV La Creme stack (background), Papermania Colossal and Designer paper packs
Tools: XCut and QuicKutz nesting circle dies, See D's Smudgy Keys alphabet stamps
Embellishments: Doodlebug Loopy Loos white cardstock letters.

Crafting Notes:

  • Despite having an obsessive collection of sticky letters, I didn't have anything quite right for the word "fun" though, so those letters are white cardstock stickers that I've inked with a mixture of bright and dark reds, applied with scrunched up kitchen towel.
  • The edges of the circles are inked with chalk inks to make them look a little more like balls.

4 comments:

  1. Such a great and fun page.
    Fab idea to use the circles and bright colours to represent the balls.
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, colourful & cheerful, great design xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page love all the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)