Saturday, 14 December 2013

Crafting Cafe December - Working with Sketches

Time is running away with me at the moment, trying to prepare for the first Christmas my little boy is likely to remember into adulthood, so I was especially glad that this month's challenge at the Crafting Cafe was a sketch challenge.  Even when I think I have a clear idea of the project I want to make, I can easily spend hours moving things around and around trying to find a layout I like.  Sketches really help me to bypass that dithering stage and focus on the fun of actually getting something made.

Nikki has provided 4 lovely sketches to work with, but I don't need much of a prod to make a triangular card, as it's quite a challenging shape to work with and they can look quite striking.  The obvious association at this time of year is with a Christmas tree, but I wanted to make something a little more ambiguous, so I started with a silver card blank and made a mountain that might be a stylised tree.  I added a snowy top, using some Anita's glitter paper that is quite fabric-like in how it feels.  I wrapped it around all 3 sides, as I think it makes a big difference to the finished project to decorate the whole pyramid with this type of card blank.

For the straight element from the sketch, I've used a trio of snowman dome stickers from Papermania's ancient history, and for the curvy element I used an even more ancient See D's stamp and then drew a scarf around it.  A blue star and some snowflakes (again on all 3 sides) finishes the card off.




I hope you like it!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!!! I'm amazed how this can be done. I wouldn't know where to start!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)