Sunday, 12 May 2013

Ruby Red

It seems to have been a very long week considering we had a bank holiday on Monday, but at last the weekend is almost here.  Bob has been quite poorly over the last couple of weeks, and I thought I was coming down with something too, but luckily we're both much better today.  I've also started a new adventure that I'll share when I have some piccies, but as a result it hasn't been a very crafty week.  The one project I did manage took all the time I had, as I spent ages dithering over the papers to use, and then had some glue issues that meant I needed to remake a large part of it.  I'm glad I spent the time though, as I'm really happy with the result.  A friend asked me to make a special ruby anniversary card for her to give to her best friends and this is what I came up with:



It's an easel card, featuring rose papers from two DCWV stacks, and (although you can't tell from the picture) a cream pearlescent heart paper from Create & Craft.  The hearts are die cut using the XCut scalloped heart nesting dies - one each of two sizes in the two colours of rose paper, a large heart in red card, and a small one in cream.  To make the 'inner' hearts, I hand trimmed a die cut to remove the scallops, as I only wanted a very tiny edge to each heart.  For the sentiment, I used the "Happy Anniversary" and "Ruby" stamps from a Papermania Confetti stamp set.  I don't generally use patterned paper for matting when I need only a thin border, as it seems such a waste of the pattern to have it covered up, but plain card/papers just didn't look special enough for this project.  Also, the big DCWV stacks have lots of sheets of the same paper, which I really like, as I don't feel like I have to eke out my favourites.

I'd love to know what you think of the card!  I'd like to enter it into the following challenges:

Paper Crafting Journey - Anything goes

10 comments:

  1. Popping over from the Stamping Dragon FB Blog Ladder XX

    Lovely Card for such a special day xx

    ReplyDelete


  2. This is beautiful thanks for playing with us at PCJ this time
    Jacki xx(PCJ DT)
    http://scullduggery-cardsbyjacki.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://punkyougirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! I've had glue issues too....so annoying! Well done for keeping going, it was well worth it! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Amanda, I love the roses and the beautiful design of your card.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very pretty card Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and elegant, love it
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lush. The scalloped hearts are beautiful and I like the rich colours of the papers.

    Angela (SDD)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely anniversary card. Thanks for joining us at PCJ and good luck in our "Anything Goes" challenge. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)