Saturday, 25 May 2013

Crafting Cafe May Challenge - Lady Luck

May has been, err, challenging, so my inspiration post for the Crafting Cafe challenge blog is a little late this month.  I could have got a card done in time of course, but I had a particular card in mind, and it needed a bit of thinking to get right.

This month's sponsor is Bugaboo Stamps and, as the image I chose is called AKV Moving Car, I thought it ought to be, well, moving :-)  I love any trick cards, but especially moving cards like penny sliders.  My only reservation with penny sliders is that you have to incorporate the slot into your design.  With this card, I wanted the workings to be completely hidden and, after a bit of head scratching, this is what I came up with:




Easy bits first: the papers I've used are an old DCWV photo stack paper for the sky, and a positively ancient Papermania Colossal stack for the hill and countryside.  The hill is a half circle, and the car is mounted on a strip of mount board with a rounded end that is fixed to the back of the hill with a small brad.  The brad is disguised by being part of the drift of flowers along the bottom.  The hill is fixed to the card using a really thin strip of 3D foam tape along the bottom edge.  Supports anywhere else would get in the way of the mechanism and restrict movement of the car, although you can get away with a little bit to the left and right.


The mount board strip is layered at the car end to allow free movement and the car overlaps the hill to keep everything together.


There will be a greeting in the top left (like a for sale board off the purple edging), just as soon as I remember  what I've done with my new house greetings!

I hope you like the card.  Have a happy weekend of crafting!

Challenges entered:
Shelly's Images: Show us what you got
ABC Challenge: N (not just one)
Addicted to stamps: Anything goes

11 comments:

  1. Hey teamie.. what a FAB FAB FAB card youve made... I LOVE the idea of the car moving..
    And thank you for sharing with us over in SDD.. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, I love that the car is moving, never tried a slider card, so may have to put this idea on my todo list lol. Love the image and great colors.
    Hugs
    Chloe
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Amanda! I love the way the car moves.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. The way you've worked the mechanism is fantastic and the whole card looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brilliant! Another thing me to try! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card. So jolly and inventive. Love it.

    Angela ( SDD Blog Ladder)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic. What an adorable interactive card! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Shelly's Images Blog.
    -Shelly
    Shelly's Images.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is lovely Amanda! Am loving the moving car!
    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so cute and such a great idea. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great slider card!!! LOVE your image, I have it in my collection and should use it more often. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card.
    Thanks so much for joining our “SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT!” challenge
    at Shelly’s Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
    Hugs, Marianne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)