Saturday, 27 April 2013

Crafting Cafe Celebration Blog Hop!

Hello hoppers!  Welcome to my blog and to the Crafting Cafe's second blog hop.  This is my first blog hop and I hope you enjoy your visit!

The theme for this hop is Celebration, and I've been spoilt for choice as far as inspiration goes.  Apart from it being the weekend, today is my Dad's birthday and a friend's wedding, and other friends recently got engaged.  I decided to use my wedding card for the hop, as I've used one of my favourite products on it - heat bondable fibre.

If you haven't used heat bondable films or fibres before, do give them a go, as they really are a lot of fun.  If you're using them with a rubber (not clear acrylic!) stamp like I have here, you need a solvent ink like Staz On, an iron and some vellum or greaseproof paper.  Ink up your stamp and place it face up on the desk, pile a wad of fibres on top, making sure you don't have any gaps, and finish with the vellum/greaseproof paper.  Press down with a warm iron until you can see the ink more clearly through the paper.  The resulting iridescent motif is bonded together along the lines of the stamp and can be cut to shape and stuck down over an image stamped onto card.  Thicker lined stamps work especially well, as the fibres are really well bonded, but if you have a finer design, just be more careful about cutting out.  Clear acrylic stamps will melt if you iron them like this, so please only try this with real rubber stamps!  Here's what I made, I hope you like it:




I've used an old and well loved Papermania wedding stamp along with iridescent white fibres, just for the dress and hair.  I coloured the hair and lace detail using permanent markers.  The papers are old Papermania ones too, but also some of my all time faves.  I've mounted on pearlescent card and added glitter stickers to pick up the sparkle in the dress.  The wedding invitation had butterflies on, so I added a butterfly to the design.  I always like to use some element of the invitation in my card for weddings - if nothing else, it's a good indication of what the happy couple like!  I've kept the rest of the design quite simple, as the bride and groom are the most important things at a wedding after all :-)

Iridescent white fibres, coloured with permanent markers

Thanks for visiting, your next hop is to the lovely Debbi's blog: http://cards--galore.blogspot.co.uk/
If you arrived here by accident and would like to visit the whole hop, here's the starting point: http://what-nikki-did-next.blogspot.co.uk/.  Happy hopping!

I'd like to enter this card for the following challenges:

Papercrafting Journey: Use a sentiment
Fairytale Challenge: Special occasion
Fab 'n' Funky: Love is a many spleandoured thing
Craft-room Challenge: So Sentimental
Flourishes: Wedded Bliss
The Corrosive Challenge Blog: Life's Special Occasions
Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes

29 comments:

  1. Fab card, I remember that stamp! lol
    I'm just hoppin by xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hopped in, great card, fab image, hopping off now lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hop Hop Hop Hopping! What a lovely wedding card! My fav colour too!
    Off I hop!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Amanda, loving the colour you've chosen ;-) Just popped in from 'The Hop'! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fab - what a great technique for a wedding card x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card fellow hopper. I love what you have done xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous Wedding card, lovely colour. The fibres work really well for the wedding gown. Hopping along ..... x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Amanda. Thanks for sharing with us at Corrosive Challenges.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty romantic card Amanda - just love the sparkle - thank you for playing at fab'n'Funky this week hugs Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card have always enjoyed fusibles just a mention clarity stamps though not rubber and a clear stamp have no problems with this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and wonderful image.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really gorgeous, I love the colours, the image is beautiful and the sparkle looks fab
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eine schöne Hochzeitskarte, mal in ungewöhnlichen Farben. Sehr schön.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei Fairy tale Challenge. Liebe Grüße Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hop, hop, hopping by....Beautiful card, I love the image hun.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely image and you have made it into such a beautiful card.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing this lovely and beautiful card at Craft-Room "So Sentimental" Challenge, good luck and welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful card. Thanks for joining in at the Fab N Funky Challenges.
    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  18. pretty wedding card, with all that sparkle, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful and very elegant

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooh, very nice...I came on over from the SSD blog ladder... new follower... can't wait to see your next creation...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card , love what you have done with the brides dress, very elegant! Hugs Tina xx ( SDD blog ladder ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super card and inspiring me to try out fusable fibres...if I can get results like this.

    FAB!

    Angela ( DT) Stamping Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love this card and the colouring

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card Amanda, so elegant and the fibers look fab.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. A lovely wedding card great lo

    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful and sparkly card, I love it! Good luck tonight at Paper Crafting Journey when they draw the winner and thanks so much for joining in the challenge. XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Totally adorable!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Fairytale Challenge!
    xx Nela

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)