Saturday, 13 April 2013

Crafting Cafe April Challenge - Hoppy Baaday


It's the 13th again, and time for me to post my project for the Crafting Cafe Challenge Blog.  The theme this month is "Let's Celebrate".  When I started making my April project a couple of weeks ago, the sun was shining, and a warm breeze was making the first daffodils in my garden nod their pretty heads.  Full of the joys of spring, I made a card to celebrate the passing of winter.  Since then, we've had snow, gales, rain and hail, and it hasn't felt very much like April at all!  We've also had plague in our house: poor little Bob has been covered in spots.  Two doctors confirmed it was chicken pox, but then I got blisters on my hands and feet, so it turns out we had Hand Foot & Mouth disease - a new lurgy invented since I was a child.  As a result, not a lot of crafting has gone on, especially as Bob has taken to staying awake until 10pm since the clocks changed.

Well, here's my spring project, I hope you like it.  This month's challenge is sponsored by Crafty Sentiments Designs, and I chose their gorgeous Toby In Pot digital stamp for my project, as I loved the fresh spring feel of it.

I added some cute sheep and used bright and fresh colours to complete my spring theme.  I used Promarkers to colour the image, and used the wedge end in two colours for the grass.  The sheep are from the Craft Concepts Ramsey embossing folder, and I've used Core'dinations Gemstones card, as it has a shimmer to it.


I didn't have much of this card, so used the trimmings from where I embossed it to die cut some leaves and to cut a fringe for the flower centre.  Using embossed card gives a nice texture to thin die cuts.  The frame is die cut using the XCut Ornate Frame nesting dies, with a square die cut out of the middle to make it an actual frame.  I cut the frame in yellow and green, so I could fill in the gaps in the frame like this:

The spotty paper and the paper 'ribbon' are cut from the Dovecraft English Garden pad and I used an offcut to make the flower too.  I'll be blogging more about how to make these flowers later on, but I've used these two die sets:  Sizzix Framelits with stamps: Flowers, Daisies (657916) and Spellbinders Shapeabilities: Foliage

I'd like to enter this card for the following challenges:



Happy, or should I say Hoppy crafting everyone!  I hope Spring makes it to you soon!

Amanda x

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous image love the flower and layout. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the embossed sheep, thank you for joining us at I♥ProMarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)