Sunday, 10 February 2013

Crafting Cafe Challenge Blog - February Inspiration


Happy Sunday everyone, I hope you’re all having a crafty weekend – it’s certainly the right weather for it here - yuk!  I had my first proper crafting session of 2013 yesterday and, as someone who used to craft every day, I can’t tell you how happy it made me J  Here’s what I made, it’s my February offering for the Crafting Café Challenge Blog:



This month’s sponsor is the lovely Lindsay at LEJ Designs.  She has a great range of images to choose from, but I just had to choose the cute baby giraffe taking its first tottering steps.  Giraffes are very popular in our house.  Bob has a little fabric book about a giraffe with a very big laugh who says “Ho ho, ha ha, hee hee hee”, and now Bob is starting to talk we’ve discovered that the little sweetheart thinks that’s the noise giraffes make J  Every time he sees a giraffe he points and says “ha ha, hee hee”.  It’s very cute - we make sure he sees a lot of giraffes!  I had just bought some yummy Tim Holtz papers in giraffey colours to scrap about Bob’s book, but I think the image will be great for scrapping piccies of his early walking too.  Hmm, I'd better get a lot quicker at crafting…

This project was my first foray into digital crafting and I really enjoyed it.  Stamps are quite an obsession of mine (after paper of course!), but they are just the one size, and do take up a lot of space.  I loved being able to decide how big to make the image, it opens up so many possibilities!  It was also, I’m ashamed to admit, my first ‘proper’ go with my Promarkers.  I bought them just before I became pregnant, and they got packed away soon afterwards when I had to move out of my craft room.  I printed the image on some do crafts decoupage paper.  It’s lovely and glossy, and I’m very happy with the finish, but my laser printer’s ink did bleed a little with the Promarkers, so I have some experimenting to do.

For the background I used a patchwork of four papers from Tim Holtz’s Retro Grunge paper stack - this is a great technique for paper addicts, as you get to play with more of your papers :-)  The flower and 'ribbon' loop are cut from these papers too, the greeting is from a Boofle card kit, and the grass is cut using a sadly discontinued Sizzlits decorative border die.  I wanted to add a punched twiggy leaf in the same green behind the flower too, but my punches are all still somewhere in the loft waiting for my craft room to be finished, so I'll just have to try not to let the lack of balance bother me too much!  OCD? Moi?

13 comments:

  1. Welcome to the dark side!
    I adore digi crafting now...
    Your card is beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mand it's a lovely card. Think I will give digi crafting a go xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is fabby Amanda! Great start hunni! Glad you enjoyed making it too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous. So love the giraffe.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bob's going to be so deflated when he gets to a zoo and realises that real giraffes just hobble about looking terribly cute but depressed! I've yet to meet one that makes anything resembling that noise haha!

    I LOVE your card! I think your foray into digi was a huge success and the colours are beautiful for the image x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really fabulous, love the papers and the layout
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card hun. I just love the giraffe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Mandy a fabulous card and just love the Giraffe. The papers are fabulous too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card Amanda...love the papers and the little giraffe is such a cutie hun.
    Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab....Great card, I LOVE giraffes xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. THis is a wonderful baby card. Hope you join in the new ABC challenge. Thanks for playing last the one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)