Friday, 22 June 2012

New blog!

While it's always best to feel you've made your own choices, sometimes going with the flow makes life so much easier.  When I set up a new blog last year, I picked Wordpress so that I could have more control over what it looked like.  Although I knew I could do more if I hosted the blog myself, I didn't realise how limited it would be if I didn't.  Simple things like following other people's blogs, and attracting followers to mine, are such a pain that it really is a bit disheartening.  So, I thought I'd have a go at running Wordpress and Blogger blogs alongside one another for a while, and choose which one I like the best.  A quick Google revealed that Wordpress will export a blog, Blogger will import one, and the nice people at www.webupd8.org will convert a Wordpress export to Blogger format.  So, here's my new, new blog.  Some of the formatting has suffered in the transfer, so please bear with me while I fix all that by hand.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogger!!!!!
    I love my blogger blog.... x I am now following x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nikki, I'll try to make something purple for you ;-) Ax

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this, and I'm sure you'll get used to it. i find blogger so easy and I used to have a wordpress blog too, but didn't get on with is as well as this.

    You have a fabby blog.

    Love and hugs

    Annie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wordpress doesn't have t e control if you're not paying for hosting. I prefer Blogger. Nice to see you here...and at docrafts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)