| || |
Shelacking the SE5a wings
- My family, of course, and creative pursuits. These are both so obvious, I bagsy they can be doubled up so I only use one of my 5 :-)
- Spitfires, the flying kind. Well, I love anything with a Merlin engine really, but the Spitfire is so beautiful and elegant, and was so important in winning the Battle of Britain that it will always be extra special to me. When the oil runs out, I hope they save the last bit for one last Spitfire display.
- The great outdoors. I've always loved walking in the countryside, but barely did any of it towards the end of when I worked full time - I really didn't feel like me. Now I'm fortunate to be able to walk several miles every day - according to my GPS I managed 1300 miles while pregnant.
- Food! I'm always very sad when people say they're not interested in food. We all have to eat, most of us do it 3 times a day, and our bodies have to replace 10-50 trillion cells a day using only what we eat and breathe in. It makes sense to make our food both pleasurable to eat and as good for us (or at least as un-bad) as possible. For me, this manifests itself as an interest in cooking and what's in food that borders on obsession!
- Photographs. I say photos rather than photography because the mechanics of taking a good photo only interests me in as much as I have to know it to end up with a good photo. If I could just click a button on the side of my head and save how I see a scene, or if I could have a super-intelligent camera that I could just talk to, I'd be much happier than having to muck around with aperture sizes and exposure times. I feel so lucky to live in an age when we can record so much of our lives for posterity. I've only dabbled in scrapbooking so far, but I'm really looking forward to getting properly stuck in!