Saturday, 26 May 2012

Happy day, happy card - Blog post 17

Born to Shop new home card
Born to Shop new home card
Day 17's blog prompt challenge was to create a cheerful card and dedicate it to someone.  Here's the card I made, using papers and an embossing folder from the Born to Shop 'Go Green' collection.  Not only is it a cheerful card, but it's about happiness, so I hope it counts :-)  I made it as a new home card for some friends who have just bought their first home together, as I thought it was a nice way to wish that their new house is always filled with laughter.

I really like making backgrounds like this, with several coordinating papers, and it's a good way to use up off-cuts.  It's a technique that I think looks good with everything lined up neatly, or with a more fun layout like this.

For the main image I've embossed the design onto Core'dinations Whitewash cardstock and sanded it.  I applied some light colour to bring out the design and picked out the writing with a fine pen.  The frame is cut freehand.  I hope you like it!

8 comments:

  1. I love this card, what a great way to use up your scraps of paper as well!
    White wash is a fav of mine as well. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous card, I love the image and the patchwork effect background is fantastic
    Lindsay xx
    http://craftymonster81.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the image. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card and soft color, love the image xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how different this is to the norm, the clear embossing and picking out of the color is fabulous and I love the patchwork background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the lovely comments. I was really glad I could get something made before they forgot that they were in a new house ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card they will frame this and keep it forever. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. [...] how I measure the popularity of my posts.  The most commented award goes to 26th May’s post “Happy day, happy card”.  As that post featured the first craft project I’d managed to complete for weeks, that [...]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)